Friday, September 11, 2009

Voronoi decomposition machine

Little simple Voronoi diagram demonstration I made, just to put into test my unique color generating class .. which .. actually doesn't work yet :))). Instead I'm using 15 preset colors (that's why you can create only 15 limit points).
Also I wanted to play little bit with bitmapData class as I've never used it before I guess.

Edit: I'll try to upload it with working color generator and unlimited number of limit points asap.

Controls:
- Just click on the white canvas to create limit points.
- Click "Clear" button to erase all limit points.



Definition (as it is written in wikipedia):
Voronoi diagram is a special kind of decomposition of a metric space determined by distances to a specified discrete set of objects in the space, e.g., by a discrete set of points. It is named after Georgy Voronoi, also called a Voronoi tessellation, a Voronoi decomposition, or a Dirichlet tessellation (after Lejeune Dirichlet)

for more info check directly the Wikipedia page.

No comments:

Post a Comment